Brittany's Baptism

Papa Don baptizing Brittany.


I love this picture of Brittany. Many of her friends came to witness her baptism, there was a lot going on around her here. Friends talking, moving in and out, hugging her and congratulating her, but her face is full of peace and beauty. Thank you God for your precious young woman, Brittany.


Brittany was baptized on Wednesday night. Brittany's grandmother, Linda, called me earlier in the week to see if she could commission me to take pictures of this holy night. First of all I was happy to do it because I love Brittany and her mom, but secondly Linda who called me I owe a debt I will never be able to repay. After my son Jack was diagnosed with a brain tumor we stayed in Dallas Children's Hospital for two weeks, then Jack needed inpatient therapy at Baylor's Our Children's House. While in Our Children's House, Linda, who had heard of our plight through her daughter Shannon who we go to church with, started making daily trips to the Rehab to bring lunch. She visited us just about every day and blessed me with a fresh lunch. At Our Children's House there was no restaurant, no snack bar, I had no car there, and even if I did I wouldn't have left Jack by himself, so what did I eat for over a month, well canned soup, protein bars....but because of Linda I had a delicious fresh meal every day.

So it was a blessing to be a part of a sweet night, a night that angels rejoiced along with Jesus, and a night that Papa Don, Brittany's grandfather spoke amazing words over his granddaughter then took her confession to accept Christ as her Lord and Savior, and then baptize that sweet young woman into the community of believers that Jesus calls His Church.

To see a slideshow of friends, family and the candids of the night click here.

Comments

Popular Posts